We make it easy to capture Slack thread conversations to new or existing Jira tickets.
Here's what you can do:
- Capture any Slack thread to a Jira ticket
- Save thread conversation to new or existing tickets.
Type "jira capture" at the end of any threaded conversation. This prompts the bot to respond with the following options:
Note: this command only works in threads associated with channels that the bot is a member of.
- Selecting "Create New Issue" will display the "create issue" dialog and allow you to add your threaded comments to a new ticket.
- Selecting "Add to existing issue" will add your threaded comments to an existing ticket.
- The conversation is stored in a Jira message that also contains a link back to the original Slack thread conversation
- Each Slack thread message is tagged with the name of the person that generated the message.