Thanks for adding Jira Integration+ to your team! We're here to help you get the most out of your free trial and we love feedback - please feel free to contact us at any time.
This doc is built to help you get a quick start, please read our detailed help docs to get all of the nitty gritty details.
Start here - watch a quick intro video
We recorded a video that shows you exactly what is covered in this article. Teams that take a few minutes out of their day to watch it tell us they find it helpful.
Not a video person? It's okay, here is the text version.
We get it, not everyone likes videos so here is a quick guide to getting started via text and screenshots.
Here is what we will cover:
- Getting the bot into channels
- Configuring channels
- Setting up personal notifications
- Using the slash command
- See what else you can do
Before we get started...
We are assuming here you already have your bot connected and working - if not, read about initial setup and configuration
Step 1: Add the jira-plus bot to your channels
Using the bot in channels helps you team stay in sync and makes it easy to reference data from Jira and also to create and update issues without switching context.
Adding the bot to a channel is easy:
- Use our welcome message and choose the channels you want the bot to join
- Go to the channel and type
/invite @jira-plusor just
Great - now the bot is in the channel. Repeat this process for all of your relevant channels.
Step 2: Configure your channel
Now that the bot is in the channel you will start to get details of your tickets when discussed by your team members. Keep going to get the real value but configuring your channel.
- Click the Configure button to bring up the configuration screen.
Use this configuration to set when your channel is notified and set your create issue defaults. Each channel can be configured based on your teams preference.
- Channel Configuration - check out this doc to learn about all of your options.
Step 3: Personal Notifications
Tired of Jira emails that you don't actually read? With personal notifications you can be notified when important updates occur in Jira and can take action right from Slack.
- Each person configures to be notified about what they care about
- You can choose a frequency for delivery - we hold your messages and combine to reduce distraction
- There are three output formats to choose from
- Notifications include buttons to take action right from Slack (transition, comment, assign, etc)
- Personal Notifications - check out this doc to learn about all of your options.
Step 4: Slash Commands
Use our slash command to take action from anywhere within Slack. It provides a simple way to interact with Jira that is easy for the entire team to understand.
With Slash commands you can do the following:
/jira-plus create- create an issue
/jira-plus ISSUEKEY-123- view issue details.
/jira-plus assign- assign an issue
/jira-plus comment- add a comment
/jira-plus help- view help docs
jira-plus feedback- provide feedback to our team
- Slash commands - check out this doc to learn about all of your options.
Step 5: Learn about everything else
Check out these docs to learn about all the features of the integration. Take 5-10 minutes to explore the features and ensure you get a chance to try everything out.
- Creating Issues
- Logging Work
- Assigning Issues
- Finding Tickets
- Attaching Files
- Scheduled Messages
- Advanced Searches
Take the 30 days to give the features a try, at the end of the trial you will need to decide if you want to stay with us. Thanks for checking us out regardless!