Follow these simple steps to use your bot in DMs and message groups.
We will cover the following topics in this article:
- Create a direct message group
- Adding your bot to an existing group
- Automatically add your bot to all message groups and channels
Note: Bots in Slack act like users. You add, invite, remove just like you would for anyone on your Slack team. This also applies to direct messages.
Create a direct message group
- Start a new direct message by clicking the plus symbol in Slack next to direct messages
- Create a group of users that includes the jira-plus bot
- Start your conversation
Adding your bot to an existing group
- Click the gear in the upper right hand corner of the direct message group and select "Invite another member..."
- Add the bot by typing "@jira-plus" in the popup control
Automatically add your bot to all message groups and channels
You can't (at this time). Slack does not provide a way to add a bot universally to your team. This appears to be on the Slack development roadmap, but it is not currently available.
If we could auto-join all channels and help you out we would!