Follow these simple steps to troubleshoot your bot's Jira connection
We will cover the following topics in this article:
- Common connection errors and solutions
- Jira connection FAQ
- Whitelisting our IP / Ports
Learn how to troubleshoot with this short video.
Common connection errors and solutions
Important: You must connect your Integration+ bot to Jira in order send and receive ticket information.
Note: If you don't find the error you are experiencing please contact us.
- ESOCKETTIMEOUT / Can't Connect to Jira - This error means that the Nextup server cannot connect to your Jira instance.
The most common causes of this issue are the following:
- Jira is not publicly available
- DNS for Jira is not published (internal DNS)
If Jira is not publicly available there are available options to complete the setup.
- Add/whitelist our static IP address "220.127.116.11" to your firewall to allow incoming calls.
- Contact us to discuss our Self-hosted options
Jira connection FAQ
Why do I need to connect the bot to Jira?
- Jira Integration+ uses the Jira APIs to get information, create and update tickets when the bot is used. The Jira Application link process is the most secure way to connect Jira to applications.
What kind of security is used?
Is there an alternate connection option aside from application links?
- Jira provides a few different methods to connect applications but none are as secure as an application link which is the recommended method from Atlassian.
Do I need extra permissions?
- You will need admin access to your Jira instance in order to create the application link. Please contact your Jira administrator to get the access you need or have them login to Nextup to complete the setup.
What if I don't have permission, can someone else complete this step?
- Yes, Jira Integration+ will automatically connect the accounts from anyone on your Slack team into the account you created and upon login the process can be completed.