Follow this guide to get the most out of your free trial and help your team optimize their workflow.
Before we get started...
- We are assuming here you already have your bot connected and working - if not, read about initial setup and configuration
Step 1: Add the jira-plus bot to your channels
The newest memeber of your team is the @jira-plus bot. You can find the bot under people or Apps and interect directly but the best way to use the solution is in your channels.
Follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your public or private channel
- Use /invite jira-plus or @jira-plus to invite the bot to the channel
- Click the invite them to join link from slackbot
Great - now the bot is in the channel. Repeat this process for all of your relevant channels.
Step 2: Configure your channel
Now that the bot is in the channel you will start to get details of your tickets when discussed by your team members. Keep going to get the real value but configuring your channel.
- Click the Configure Channel button to bring up the configuration screen.
Quick Create Settings
Use the Quick Create section to setup your channel for easy issue creation by providing a default project and issue type.
- Select the Project from the dwopdown provided
- Select the Default Type from the second dropdown
Use the Room Notifications section to turn on notices in Slack when issues are updated in Jira. This option ensures everyone stays up to speed regardless of where the issue is updated.
We know this can get a little loud depending on how you set it up - use the filters to ensure you are only notified about what you need.
- You can select more than one project, issue types or priorities
- Switch to JQL mode to get more advanced with your filters.
Step 3: Read up on all of the commands and features
Check out these docs to learn about all the features of the integration. Take 5-10 minutes to explore the features and ensure you get a chance to try everything out.
- Creating Issues
- Logging Work
- Assigning Issues
- Finding Tickets
- Attaching Files
- Scheduled Messages
- Advanced Searches
Step 4: Decide if you want to go premium
Take the 30 days to give the features a try, at the end of the trial you will need to decide if you want to stay with us. Thanks for checking us out regardless!